- Canon lenses- Resolution Versus Aperture
- Noise Reduction – Canon EOS R
- Color Gamut – Epson Ultrachrome K3 vs HD Inks
- Noise Test – Canon 5D Mk IV
- Exposure Recovery – How much is possible?
- Dynamic Range Test – Canon 5D Mk IV
- Neutral Density Filter Test
- Eclipse 2017- Easley-Greenville, SC
- Canon Lens Extender Tests – Upgrade from Version I to Version III?
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III versus Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
Category Archives: Blog
When Reikan Technology’s FoCal application was recently updated to provide support for the Canon EOS R, it opened up a whole new avenue to test lenses for aperture sharpness. Since the EOS R is mirrorless, and its focusing pixels are … Continue reading
I recently purchased a Canon EOS R and noticed that there were provisions there for high ISO noise reduction, just as there were in my previous Canon 5D MK III and 5D MK IV cameras. As I had never used … Continue reading
I recently purchased an Epson SureColor P800 desktop printer. Since it features the new 8-color Ultrachrome HD inks that are claimed to have a wider color gamut [the entire range of colors that can be produced by a given device] and … Continue reading
In a previous post, Exposure Recovery-How Much Is Possible, we explored the result of under and over exposing an image at ISO 400 by 5 stops without any adjustment. Then we looked at the result of trying to recover these … Continue reading